Confession Time: I have this irrational need to know how old all of the characters on the shows I watch are supposed to be? In most cases it is pretty easy to figure out how old a character is. A simple Google or Wikipedia search gets you the answers you need. In the case of shows like Once Upon A Time and Falling Skies it is nearly impossible to figure out. I spend an irrational amount of time thinking about these kinds of things. Just thought you should know.
- Why do all of the teenagers in church dress inappropriately?
- How have I had time to watch as much television as I do and still get great grades in my new college program? In the same vein, how have I had time to read 46 books already this year, 36 of which are on my Goodreads?
- What is it about Sundays that brings out the “homeless” people who need money? Also, why did these two people think that standing outside of a church trying to get money was a good idea?
- Why am I always the soberest person in my party no matter how much I have to drink?
- How is it that I am twenty-five year old virgin?
- Why do people feel the need to get mad at their cashiers while we are still learning a new system?
- Why am I always losing friends? Am I doing something wrong or do they just suck?
- Why am I obsessed with Girl Meets World already and it is not even that good?
That is how my brain works. One random thought leads to another. Another thing you should know about me is that I almost always have a song or two or three running in a loop in my head. So if you see me and it looks like I am talking to myself, I’m not. I’m singing along with the song in my head. Another thing you should know about me is that family and friends are very important to me. A query for my reader’s: why do you think so many twenty-something’s, myself included, still read YA?
I have a daily ritual of going on IMDB to see what celebrity are celebrating their birthday that day. Don’t ask me why because I have no idea and I don’t even remember how it started. All I know is that my day doesn’t feel like it has started until I know what celebrities are celebrating their birthdays. Sunday morning I always start my day by reading that week’s Postsecret posts. I have found that I don’t feel like my day has started until I do that. On the Sundays when I have to miss it for whatever reason my day does not feel complete. I think this comes from to much television watching and being someone who has to watch the show lie or at least n the same day that it aired. That is less of a problem in the summer because I don’t watch that much. During the year, however,it is a major problem because I watch at least fifteen shows if not more and that is just primetime television. Don’t even get me started on soaps or I will never stop talking.
More to come later. Now I am off to church for the first time in at least three month if not more.